First of all, sory for my english.
I have the same problem than some others with a fresh new (for me) Arduino UNO3 + Arduino Wifi Shield delivered this morning.
-> a non ending list of “Connecting to arduino.mydevices.com:8442” messages
I’ve try to find some answers in this forum but nothing seems to work…
- try a telnet from my desktop (mac osx) with the site : OK -> No problem with DNS or closing ports in the router
- Check the arduino IP address in the internet router : Ok it’s here. The Wifi connection is ok.
- Ping of my arduino(or Wifi shield iI don’t know!) from my desktop: OK -> Ethernet (desktop) ok Wifi(Shield) ok, address ok
- Change “arduino.mydevices.com” to “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” (i don’t remember) in CayenneDefines.h : Done -> no change except the message : Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8442 (no ending)
- Change back to “arduino.mydevices.com” : Done
- Insert a delay in the sketch loop part : Done -> no change.
The sketch : Minimal
define CAYENNE_PRINT Serial
char ssid, password and token
Cayenne.begin(token, ssid, password)
that’s all. No compiling error or so.
As previously said, I’ve just bought the components this week, and download the librarys today as explained in the starting process. I havn’t check the version of the WiFiShield internal code, but I can’t believe the shield is older than 3 years old. (Seems to be a serious French Arduino dealer)
Any ideas ??