RPI connected to internet, but cayenne is offline since 5 hours

• Device & model you are using: RPI B
  • What dashboard are you using? (Web)
  • Please describe the bug / issue as detailed as possible:

hello everyone, I followed the Adams guide ( DHT11/DHT22 with Raspberry Pi ), and now my DHT22 sensor connected to my Raspberry RPI1 works perfectly.

My system is a RPI B connected with a DS18B20 sensor, a relay and a DHT22 sensor.

I have noticed that sometimes in the portal “cayenne.mydevices.com” (or even iOS app): my Raspberry, is showed “offline.” While instead DHT22 sensor is online and continues to transmit data.

How can I solve this problem?
Can I send SSH comand to reload cayenne API?

if i check DS18B20 temp state on the WebIOPi page, i see the sistem is online http://x.x.x.x:8000/app/devices-monitor

I have not rebooted the RPI, I’m waiting you, so I can make some test, for you.

Regards

UPDATE: i see that “triggers” continue working.

It is indeed odd that the MQTT device is online but not the agent. Can you run the commands below?

sudo service myDevices status (this might be “sudo service mydevices status”, can’t remember the service name)
sudo service webiopi status

I was able to connect to my RPI on Saturday morning, and big surprise cayenne was back online.

I run anyway the command on SSH sudo service myDevices status and that is the output

That is the second time I will see this problem. The next time I will use the command you’ve provided me immediately.

Next time I will update this topic!

1 Like

now Cayenne is going offline, same situation as previous, MQTT online, webiopi online through my public IP.

i try with your command and thats the result:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service mydevices status
● mydevices.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

i sent the command another time and thats the result:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service myDevices status
● myDevices.service - myDevices service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/myDevices.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2017-04-19 13:16:01 UTC; 1 weeks 6 days ago
Main PID: 6890 (python3)
CGroup: /system.slice/myDevices.service
‣ 6890 /usr/bin/python3 -m myDevices -P /var/run/myDevices.pid

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Yeah, I was just typing a response and your edit popped up haha. The service name is case sensitive so that’s why the fist one was giving you a “No such file or directory” error. Anyway, it appears to still be working correctly. @rsiegel any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi Adam, but on https://cayenne.mydevices.com raspberry still OFFLINE :frowning:

Last known status: 2 hours ago (May 2, 2017, 4:40 pm)

I have the same situation. My cayene works fine last 10 days. Today my dashboard is offline… I can ssh to RPi, webiopi directly works ok, also device monitor…
when i enter command: sudo service myDevices status

● myDevices.service - myDevices service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/myDevices.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-05-02 14:43:43 UTC; 4h 37min ago
Main PID: 2403 (python3)
CGroup: /system.slice/myDevices.service
‣2403 /usr/bin/python3 -m myDevices -P /var/run/myDevices.pid

May 02 14:43:43 raspberrypi systemd(1): Started myDevices service.
May 02 14:43:43 raspberrypi systemd(2403): pam_exec(login:session): conversation failed
May 02 14:43:43 raspberrypi systemd(2403): pam_unix(login:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

any idea???how to find reason why my dashboard is ofline…

1 Like

@andrea.mattioni @vodlan.uros,

I know this isn’t a real soltuion, but I’m curious, the next time this happens (or if it is still currently happening for you) – since you can still reach the Pi via SSH – if you reboot the Pi, does this cause it to pop back ‘online’ in your dashboard or not?

If I reboot the RPI, it always turns Cayenne ONLINE.
But need a final solution.
I can make other test if you want

After reboot Cayenne works fine. This isue is not a problem becouse right now my project is in test anviroment in my work room. After I move him to remote location inaccessibility will be big problem…