ADS1115 wrong volts - take two

Hello,

As I mentioned on the tail end of a previous post of a similar title, I booted the system this morning and the problem has returned.

I opened an SSH session and ran ‘weniopi’ with the following result:

“2016-07-02 16:03:11 - WebIOPi - ERROR - [Errno 98] Address already in use
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/WebIOPi-0.7.22-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/webiopi/protocols/http.py”, line 45, in init
BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer.init(self, (”“, port), HTTPHandler)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/socketserver.py”, line 429, in init
self.server_bind()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/http/server.py”, line 133, in server_bind
socketserver.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/socketserver.py”, line 440, in server_bind
self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
OSError: [Errno 98] Address already in use”

Hope this helps.
========== update ===================
I read the error and had an idea. I had had the web browser open to the Pi website using the Pi’s wifi access. The Pi directory I was using was also used by Webiopi/Weaved I believe. Iwas testing html and javascript in a realtime environment.
After I closed the browser. and thus, the Pi’s wifi connection, the Cayenne and Weaved results returned to the correct state…
I’m going to try and edit the config file to add another, different, port and Pi root directory for my testing. This presumes each port can have its own document root directory.
If any one knows differently, let me know. Otherwise consider this done.
Thank you.

1 Like

Yep, error 98 means that the ports Cayenne needs to run are being used by something else. Do you have webiopi installed as well as Cayenne?

1 Like

I have no idea. I’m going to assume the Weaved installation includes a copy.
The point that webiopi col
pies are causing the problem is not self-evident.
Before I installed Weaved, the readouts were wrong in the same way as before and as with one other poster.
After installing Weaved and some others, the readouts are now correct. Read the relevant posts.
This is not the first time this sequence of events has occurred. Make of these events what you will. I’m done.

1 Like

Ah ha, I didn’t even notice that there was a drop down to change the unit. I changed mine to volt and it’s spot on. Are you using the web dashboard, or one of the apps?

1 Like

Dashboard.