Bug Filed on 12-31-2015: MCP23017 issues

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

Class 6

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

Model B

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

• In MCP23017 under GPIO section I get the list of pins. Unfortunately pin function as well as pin state can’t be changed via this page. Inputs are being monitored properly when actuated
  • The refresh rate is very slow.
  • Dashboard interface very slow - removing of gauges
  • Relay switch designated to operate MCP23017 output not always working. This may be caused by refresh rate.
  • Digital input light monitoring MCP23017 input working fine (with a delay though).

That’s it for now. Generally very nice piece of software. It would be nice to access the interface via local address not through mydevices.com website. I guess the plan is (in the end) to get people to pay for the service (as Weaved) but some might be willing to consider to pay for local access.

From what I read here the smartphone app will work locally (waiting for the android version here!) I’ll be working on the MCP23017 chip soon myself, so if I find anything before someone else posts I’ll let you know.

I’m rather thinking about running the whole interface of Raspberry Pi to eliminate delays between RPi and mydevices.com servers. Communication with servers could/would be optional. Why? It’s problematic if there’s communication issue somewhere between RPi and servers. Also if server is down for whatever reason the user can’t really use the app e.g. like now:

Site Maintenance
We are currently under maintenance updates. Please check back shortly.

We’re switching our cloud servers as I type this, so we will be in maintenance mode for a bit, hang in there!

Seems like my MCP23017 is not changing state as well. Guess it is a bug?

Still need to test MCP23017, keep you posted.

@Mike @ats1080s Still issues here?

I haven’t had mine connected for a few weeks. I’ll take a look tonight.

Thanks, I just ordered one to test again. The original post on this thread was old, so just wondering if it might be fixed with all our new releases.

-B