Can't SSH into Pi anymore

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)

Web

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
Jessie

What Model Pi?
B

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!
I did a fresh install of Jessie full version. Then I setup a key based password less ssh signing in. Tested and found it to be working. This is when I installed Cyenne. It completed its installation and rebooted the pi. I am able to ping the pi, I can see dashboard from the web client but but I am not able to login using ssh. Connection reset by 192.168.X.XXX (changed IP).
SinceI have not made any changes to the system, I thought it might be helpful for you to investigate and find the root cause of this problem and see if it is related to your software. Otherwise, I am fine doing a fresh install, thats not a problem.

hmmm. I’ve not seen this come up before. I would say just do a fresh install of latest version of Jessie. If this comes up again, then we’ll have to investigate. We change passwords many times and continue to SSH on multiple Pi’s, so I know it’s been done before.

Anyway, thanks for posting this, it’s helpful to track these things. See you around :slight_smile:
-B

Moving this to the Helped category until it comes up again.

-B

I was wondering if there’s some “secret sauce” from the original poster for getting SSH to work after install (I used ssh to install it in the first place).

I’m using:

• Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  • Raspbian Jessie Lite 2016-09-23

I guess I’ll just try again with Jessie Full. Huge bummer…

UPDATE: Everything went OK with a clean install of Jessie Full 2016-09-23. I think I had some custom avahi services running before, which might explain it. I dunno, I haven’t tried reproducing the original issue.

Thanks for updating us! Good to know for other who follow along this post :slight_smile:
-B

Hey,

I am also not able to connect and have my pi setup for password less authentication and use an authorized_keys file (as all IoT devices should be). Is there a way to load and protect my private key? Something like JuiceSSH?

Thanks,