Frequent Connection Drops with Arduino WiFi 101 Shield

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
Web and iOS

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
Jessie

What Model Pi?
RPi 3

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

I currently have an Arduino WiFi 101 shield atop my Arduino Uno that controls a series of “smart” outlets through Cayenne. Everything works, simply turning 4 relays on and off, however after I send 4-8 commands to it through the Cayenne Dashboard (even the iOS app) it drops connection. Each time it drops connection I have to open it up and press the Arduino reset button. (Pictures below).

Note that the Arduino and WiFi shield are installed within a metal conduit box. Though I thought that the metal walls were restricting the network, I tested the setup with the Arduino outside the box and the connection still dropped like before.

My Arduino Code:

WiFi Not Connected (Note the WiFi LED is unlit):

WiFi Connected (Note the WiFi LED is lit up):

Any help is appreciated!

Hi @akers.kenneth66 ,

Hmm. What is the time interval when you send 4 - 8 commands and Cayenne drops connection? Are you turning on and then back off right away? I’m asking so I can try and reproduce this issue myself too.

Thank you for reporting this!

-B

P.S. We are doing a private Beta testing of the Cayenne Android app with Arduino compatibility if you are interested in checking it out?

-B

Hi @bestes, you magician! Your reply single handedly fixed the issue! Perhaps it was a small issue with some obstruction to the network or a solar flare :smile:

Sorry for the false alarm!

Also, I would love to Beta test Android-Arduino compatibility! However, I’m afraid I’ll be short on time as this new year of University rolls around. I’ll let you know if I find time, but thank you for the offer!

-Ken

Magic hands :slight_smile:

Glad it got resolved, let us know if it comes up again. Thanks,

-B