Inactivity trigger

I searched but couldn’t find if someone has already recommended this.

It would be great if I could setup a trigger for a device that hasn’t reported any data for a specific amount of time. For example, I have a LoRa device reporting temperature and humidity every minute. I would like to setup a trigger/alert to send an email if the device has not reported data for 5 minutes.

I think it has been suggested before, but I agree that it’s a good idea!

This would be great for maintenance of devices to determine if they are working properly.
We (my company) use your system for testing our LoRa devices as well as demoing our devices. This seems like a pretty simple thing to add. What is required to get it added and would you have any idea on a timeline?

I’ll have to pass that over to @shramik_salgaonkar

we have a similar trigger for arduino and pi device where whenever the device goes offline it sends a notification. For lora it is a bit not suited as the device publishing interval is long and device remains offline. So to implement something like this is not of concern here.

I’d like to see it implemented too. It would be possible by taking the last timestamp and comparing it to the current time and sending an alert. Through node-red I do this with my tortoise monitor and then cast to my google home so I know when it’s not getting commands.

okay let me put this is in cayenne roadmap, but this something which will not be implemented soon.

1 Like