New Android & iOS App Update

We are happy to announce that we have released a new version of Cayenne Android & iOS app that supports the new RPi Agent along with other features and bug fixes.

Cayenne Android (1.5.0)

Cayenne iOS (2.3)

I’m using multiple Raspberry Pi computers with Cayenne 2. Digital output (to control a relay) works in a web browser on a pc, but on the iPhone and iPad they frequently appear as a digital input. I have the newest version of the iOS app. If I relaunch the iOS app, usually after several tries, the icon will appear as an output and I can then control the relay.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi @nfgy

It’s a known issue, we have a fix already to be released this week. We’ll notify here as soon as it’s out.

Thank you very much.

we have released a new version of android app v1.5.2 with following update:

• Alerts & Triggers now use the new rules payload/engine
  • Alerts & Triggers bug fixing
  • Ability to delete an Alert & Trigger
  • Extensive bug fixing focusing on app crashes
1 Like

I’m having difficulties with the mobile version. It is unstable to connect via mobile, cellular. It has times that it works and sometimes it does not work. I needed to have access to the system then at least through the Browser since I can not have reliable access by the application of the mobile.

can you specific a bit more on what happens when it does not work?

First of all I did not do any specific programming to have the application on my mobile with the same interface that I have using my computer. I just opened the link from my application on the computer, like - Cayenne … and when opening on the android cell phone the mobile application was installed and with the controls I had programmed via internet on my computer. Great, however, the operation is unstable. It has time that works and has time that does not work.

this is okay but

what does not work? I am asking you whether the app restarts, the widgets on the app does not work, or devices/widgets are not visible. what is that unstable on your app?

The relay trigger buttons I have in my application via the browser work perfectly. Now and via mobile app, I often take an action to turn off a relay on the phone and it does not run and at other times it works perfectly

If you would like to access my platform to see what I have developed, I can provide

is it an android or IOS device? what is version of the cayenne app?

The problem continues

can you provide a brief about the problem that you are facing.

Cayenne 2. Digital output (to control a relay) works in a web browser on a pc, but on the iPhone and iPad they frequently appear as a digital input. I have the newest version of the iOS app. If I relaunch the iOS app, usually after several tries, the icon will appear as an output and I can then control the relay.

thank you for the information. Which device are you using Pi or arduino?

I’m using pi3

we have few update and fix for the pi agent and app in upcoming days. So all this bugs should be fixed.

1 Like

Tell me when there will be a new update and will work new widgets movement, etc.

you can give it a try and let me know.