No values in Storage widget

I just installed Cayenne on my set of Pi’s. On the Pi3 Model B I have no storage values. If I open up the details there are values there, but the real time graph does not update. I couldn’t find a suitable answer on the forum for this issue.

Hi @robboz4,

I can’t say I’ve seen this one before. Generally this is one of those things that ‘just works’ :slight_smile:
I’m presuming since you have a pair of Pis, that the other one is showing the graph OK in the same browser, and that both Pis are seen by Cayenne as online.

A few sanity things I would try before we dig any deeper:

• Force refresh in your browser to see if that kicks the graph into gear.

• Reset the dashboard for the offending Pi by clicking on the settings gear icon in the upper right > Reset Dashboard

• Remove the Pi from your dashboard entirely via that same settings icon > Configure > Remove Device, then re-adding it via the Add New > Device/Widget > Single Board Computers > Raspberry Pi process. The act of removing it will uninstall our Pi Agent software to where it’s safe to run another install on top of it.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. The issue is there whether I use a PC browser or the app on my iPhone and iPad. To me this means the issue is on the Pi, or the data being sent your server side. The data is there statically if look, but doesn’t update. So it looks like I’ll delete it and try a reinstall.
I will let you know the outcome.

Cheers!
Dave (iPad)

Makes sense. Hopefully its just something up with the Cayenne Agent software that’s gathering this data and resolves with your re-install. Thanks for trying for me.

HI!

Well the reinstall didn’t fix it. It’s the same issue. So that points to something on this Pi. It’s a series 3 and is running Apache2, PHP, as well as Python. It’s a garage door monitor a friend and I created. It’s been running since September this year without incident. Is there any data you need off the Pi?

Here is a link to stuff I usually collect when looking for a Pi issue:

http://pastebin.com/xSmwGuRr http://pastebin.com/xSmwGuRr

Here are a couple of screen shots to show the issue:

Happy New Year!

Dave Robinson
robboz4@gmail.com

That’s definitely odd. What do you get if you use the command “df -h”?

Here you go:

@PiGMi ~ $ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 7.2G 2.7G 4.2G 40% /
devtmpfs 427M 0 427M 0% /dev
tmpfs 87M 264K 86M 1% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 173M 0 173M 0% /run/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1 56M 21M 36M 36% /boot

Cheers!
Dave (iPad)

Any other ideas on this issue?

I can’t say that I have any suggestions. Seems like a bug in the agent as df reports back correctly.

Hey @robboz4,

Just seeing this now, sorry. I think It may be because you’re running Raspbian Wheezy on that Pi, which isn’t supported by Cayenne anymore. You can verify this by running cat /etc/os-release

If that’s the case, I encourage you to back up any important data on the Pi and update your SD image to Raspbian Jessie or Jessie Lite, both of which you can grab here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

1 Like

In fact I’m even more sure of this now, since I just worked with another user who had Raspbian Wheezy installed, and while it isn’t what he approached me for, I noticed that he had a broken Storage widget as well. So good confidence now than an OS upgrade will do the trick for you.

I should add that Raspberry Pi’s official site recommends a fresh Jessie install and doesn’t officially support updating from Wheezy to Jessie, though they have links to an unsupported upgrade path in the 2nd to last paragraph of this post.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. The Pi is running Wheezy as you stated. As this Pi is running my Garage door monitor system, it might be a few weeks before I try an upgrade. But I’ll post the results back when I’m done.

Cheers