Support for Arduino Zero and MKR1000

Sorry, I wasn’t implying that you didn’t know how to use the IDE. There are two Arduino IDE’s is what I’m saying, are you using the .cc or .org one? What version do you have?

-B

I am using .cc for the Zero.

K.

When you first plugged your Zero in, did it show up as ‘Arduino Zero Prog. Port’, and the driver installed correctly?

Did you update your .cc IDE board software under board manager?

I know when you update this, some AVR software is installed, did you get that prompt?

Cheers,

Craig

Yeah, definitely all of that easy stuff. How do I change the header file to work with the Zero? Thanks.

So your program compiles? I had no problem compiling the base Cayenne sketch for the Zero using the .cc IDE.

Header files above are just for the MKR1000.

I guess what I am asking for is a more detailed description of “it doesn’t work”, so I can help you.

Cheers,

Craig

Going off @kreggly , You should just need to select the Arduino Zero board in the IDE, and then upload an example Cayenne sketch file with whatever ethernet/WiFi shield you are using (for example a W5100). And of course make sure your auth token is included in the sketch file. If it’s not working can you posting the error you are getting? If it complies then what does the serial monitor display?

I have confidence that we can get the Zero online! :slight_smile:

-B

1 Like

Ok, so I just tried again and I still don’t see Arduino Zero as an option under Select Hardware → Arduino Hardware. Not on my phone anyway. Maybe the web interface works, but I am trying to use my phone. None of the other hardware profiles work. I have tried this quite a few times, and I can’t seem to make a go of it. I understand how to program in the Arduino IDE. Thank you.

@carrmar,

You have the Cayenne sketch compiled, and uploaded to the Zero without error?

Craig

Yes, uploaded and compiled without error.

Kreggly, the new Arduino boards don’t use AVR, they are SAMD.

What hardware profile am I supposed to use in the iPhone app? You only offer Uno, Due, Mega, and Yun. None of those are working.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

#include <CayenneWiFi101.h>

char token = “”;
char ssid = “”;
char password = “”;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Cayenne.begin(token, ssid, password);
}

void loop()
{
Cayenne.run();
}

Zero, MKR, and ESP are notnyet officially supported.

Pick any Arduino. It doesn’t matter on the Android side. Just copy the token into your sketch, and when your Arduino connects, the Zero board will show up and you can rename it Zero or whatever you want.

Cheers,

Bummer. I have already done that. Doesn’t work. Not on the iPhone anyway.

Try it on the browser then and make sure your device is connecting at least. If it is hanging, it has nothing to do with the phone app.