Tracking Dragino LGT-92 V1.5

I am a new user, but managed to get the LGT-92 Tracker to Cayenne. Data is arriving and I can see GPS coordinates. But, nothing apperas in the map and I can see no tracking. What else do I have to configure to see tracking data ?

can you share a screenshot, it should a blue position indicator and green previous positions.

Thank you, I changed the Dragino decoder file for the other (longer) one for Version 1.5 and now it works.

1 Like

One more remark for the Dragino: with the old 1.5 file I didnā€™t get the expecting data frequency, but after updating the tracker to V 1.6 it works as expected. If you see any strange behavior please consider an update. There is one important info missing in the manual for the updating procedure:
Make the connection and after establishing it, click on CANCEL. Than you can upload the file. If you click on OK the connection is lost again and you can do nothing. It took me some mails and time to figure that out. :slight_smile:

thanks for sharing it.

I have similiar problems with an LGT-92, broadcasting into TTN!

Data is recorded and shows up when selecting the data tab of the project. However only a single (blue) waypoint is displayed on the map when selecting the tracking tab.
ā€œRouteā€ and ā€œWaypointā€ options are active (circle and line symbol on the map), but do not effect the map display.

I notice there are three different device instances available for the LGT-92:

• Dragino GPS Tracker LGT-92 v1.4
  • Dragino LGT92 v1.5
  • LGT-92

Whatā€™s the difference between the three of them? Firmware? And if yes, what firmware version is LGT-92 suitable for?
Iā€™m using device Dragino LGT92 v1.5 for a recently purchased tracker, as Dragino GPS Tracker LGT-92 v1.4 did not record any data at all.

Cheers,
-bernie

you need to add the device as v1.5 on the cayenne and have v1.6 firmware on the device.

:thinking:
Hmmm, Iā€™m contemplating an improvement proposalā€¦ :wink:

Thanks for the hint! Iā€™ll check the fw-version of my device and will report here asap.
Cheers,
-bernie

Ok, Iā€™ve been able to check out my HW/FW status

AT+VER=v1.6.2 EU868
AT+HWVER=v1.5.0,L76-L

I did a bike tour today and took the tracker with me. Interestingly, its signals were picked up by a few concentrators and were displayed on the map.
A few days earlier, I took the LGT into my car. During a 250km trip, not a single track point was visualized on the map (see above).
Any ideas?

Best regards,
-bernie

Hi there,

quite a time ago I managed to push my trackerā€™s data into Cayenne. In the meantime the world kept spinning to Stack V3 and I kind of have to start from scratch :wink:

I made myself familiar with the concept of having TTS sending webhooks to mydevices in order to display my payload on Cayenneā€™s dashboard. Having tried my best to read all available documentation regarding this matter, TTS reports that sending the webhook to Cayenne keeps failing and consequently temporarily disables the serviceā€¦

So far I have checked/done the following:

• the trackerā€™s payload is received by TTN (checking consoleā€™s live data)
  • I have configured the payload formatter ā†’ uplink to CayenneLPP
  • I have enabled the webhook integration for the tracker and set a webhook-id
  • I found an automatically created API-key for Cayenne in my TTS-application (, which I donā€™t have a clue why it is needed at allā€¦)

Any hints or explanations appreciated - if any important information is missing, please let me know!

Best regards,
-bernie

AMDT:
TTN says ā€œFail to send webhookā€

"details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.protobuf.Struct",
        "value": {
          "body": "{\"statusCode\":500,\"error\":\"Internal Server Error\",\"message\":\"An internal server error occurred\"}",
          "status_code": 500,
          "url": "https://lora.mydevices.com/v1/networks/ttn/uplink",
          "webhook_id": "cayenne-webhook"
        }
      }

follow the steps from here Cayenne Docs

I followed the steps carefully.
I assume I overlooked a tiny piece of information when setting up Cayenne integration OR TTN is sending an improper webhook
Either way - decoded payload of TTN does not find its way to Cayenne and TTN reports an ā€œinternal server errorā€ when calling the URL (see above)ā€¦

On what condition would mydevices.com return an error code 500? Could the error be an indication of misconfiguration ??

Thanks for your help!
-bernie