Trigger temperature slider narrow range

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Dashboard problem - Windows 10

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

N/A

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

N/A

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

Am I missing something? I can only set the above/below threshold in triggers for my DS18B20’s between +50°F and +140°F. This is a very narrow band of the range that the 18B20 is capable of measuring (-67°F to +257°F). As I live in Colorado, work with water, outside; it is very important to me to know when the outside ambient temperature is below 32°F, you know the pesky point when water starts to turn to rock.

I personally would prefer a data entry box to enter the threshold. I find that sliders tend to skip over my target number, especially when it’s my fat finger on a tiny Android (hint, hint) device.

Thanks,

Ian

1 Like

+1 for text box and wider range, sounds like a good idea

1 Like

Thank you guys for your input we will definitely look into this

Thanks
Sumeet

1 Like

@Ian @ats1080s Need to discuss with design team. Definitely making a change to accommodate full range of temperature.

-B

@Ian @ats1080s Hey guys, I’m going to move this to Ideas / Suggestions. We are working on enhancing this presently.

-B

@Ian @ats1080s hey guys, you can now edit a widget settings and customize the slider range. This will affect the slider for that sensor in the trigger statement that you create.

Thanks for your patience!

-B