Use temp/humidity sensor in 3.5mm jack

Hello all! I’m a very new user from Montreal, Canada, just discovered Cayenne and got it running just fine. I am now trying to add sensors.

I own a temperature and humidity sensor from a AC Infinity Cloudline T8 that sport a 3.5mm jack. I would like to be able to use this probe as my main sensor with my Raspberry Pi. I tried connecting it directly to the A/V 3.5mm female port of the Raspberry Pi, but cannot find a way to configure it from there.

Is it possible to use the inboard 3.5mm headphone jack of the Raspberry Pi to plug and use sensors with?

I cannot seem to find documentation or forum posts in this regard.

Thank you for your time and help! Looking forward to read your suggestions if any.

Loving this product so far!

B.

Do you any info on how to read the sensor data? or can you link some documentation on the sensor used?

Sadly I wasn’t able to find any documentation regarding their probe sensor. I send AC Infinity an email regarding this and am awaiting a reply.

In general, would it be possible to use the inboard 3.5mm headphone jack with such a sensor? I couldn’t find any topic about it on the forum or on the web.

Thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:

B.

i have no about it. but if your sensor has 3 wires inside then you can connect it this way Connecting DS18B20 temperature sensor with RJ45 connector? - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange