Bug Filed on 08-29-2016: Trigger malfunctiom

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
Web

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
Chromwe Browser

What Model Pi?
Pi2

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!
Trigger to notify me by email when memory use exceeds threshold.
When trigger is set to on, although the memory use is showing 49%, I get emailed. Not just once, but multiple emails. So;

1. Trigger is triggering when it shouldn’t ?
  2. Either mutliple emails are sent for one triggering or multiple triggerings are occuring for one event?

I have tried this with the setting of both below and above threshold when actual memory is 49% and threshold set to 55% and in both cases the trigger is fired!

Hi @g0wie,

1 and 2 are certainly possibilities, but my first thought is a 3rd possibility…Your memory might be bouncing above and below the thresholds that you’ve set. So, if your trigger is set for 52% then the memory might go up to 58% briefly, and then bounce back to under 52%, but then when it bounces back up above 52% again, the trigger is activated again, thus sending you the multiple emails.

One way to test this could be if you set the trigger well above 52%, like 98%, and see if you get any emails. Do you think you’d have time to see what happens when you do this?

-B

Hi,
Ok, I set it to 98%.With it set to Above and Below, I get multiple emails in each case. RAM is still indicating 49%.Regards
P