Error installing on raspberry pi

Hi all, yesterday evening i wanted to install cayenne on my pi II running jessie lite. I downloaded the app which showed me that it was not compatible with my device (htc desire 310 running android 4.2.2). So i tried it on my daughters tablet (also android) and on that device the app worked. I added new device, checked my pi’s ip from my network, entered ‘pi’ ‘raspberry’ as credentials and it started installing libraries. After some time it still was on step 1 so i left it for the night but this morning (9hours later) it still was busy with step 1… I clicked on the main screen and immidiatly got a email saying that cayenne was installed but when i open my dashboard on my pc i don’t see my device, i only can add one, on the app i see my device with the message ‘installation pending’. I removed everything with these commands i found:

systemctl disable myDevices
rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/myDevices.service
rm -rf /etc/init.d/myDevices
rm -rf /usr/bin/myDevices
rm -rf /etc/myDevices/

and tried installing trough ssh,
The wget command works but when i try the sudo bash command the browsers says ‘installing libraries’ i see things happening in my console window but after a while it keeps hanging on ‘Tue 5 Dec 07:55:39 UTC 2017 Installing myDevices agent 0’

I fixed it byt running this:

sudo apt-get -f update
sudo apt-get -f upgrade
sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get -f install python3.4
sudo apt-get -f install

Then installed the script again.
Just left with 1 problem now, is there an older version of the mobile app (apk file) so i can run it on my phone?

1 Like

I am also not able to do the installation on the Raspberry. To me it remains in step 3 “Software Components”

You can download previous versions from here but I wouldn’t recommend it. What phone/os do you have?